Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Update

Yesterday, Mother and I went to the Musee D'Orsay. It was raining and we ended up having to buy our Museum passes prior to getting in. We had to stand in line to purchase them, then we had to stand in the "shorter" museum pass line to get in. It was still quite a long line. I guess it was because of the weather everyone wanted to do something inside. By the time we got into the museum it was lunch time, so we ate at the restaurant in the museum. Mother and I had the lunch special which was baked salmon with a vegetable ragu...which was absolutely wonderful! We even got desert which was a meringue with a caramel sauce...yummy!

We spent the rest of the day going through the museum and still not seeing it all!

Today Mother and I went to the Louvre...saw the Mona Lisa, the Winged Victory and the Venus de Milo along with seeing the Italian artist wing and the Egyptian displays...3 floors!!!!...and then we had a so-so lunch at a cafeteria in the Louvre. Not a good as the Orsay...and just as much money.

We stopped at the shoppes and I got a mug at Starbucks for Dennis...shhhh...don't tell him. Mother and I both got a change purse made in Paris and a Paris Christmas ball made in France then we headed out to the Tuileries garden and then went to the L'Orangerie museum...the Place de la Concorde and then headed back home to my brother's place in Neuilly-sur-Seine.

We are headed off to Versailles tomorrow.

Sorry no pictures. I should have brought my own computer...but it was so nice not to have to lug it here. If I come back, I'll be sure to bring my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment