Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Start of our Grand Adventure

The day is finally here! We will be leaving Tampa around 4 PM...and then head for the Atlanta airport. Our flight there doesn't leave until almost 11 PM, so we'll have a long layover. It will give us some time to eat dinner, relax and compare notes of what sites we want to go to.

My brother Jeff will be picking us up at the airport...which will be a big plus as it will give us a little time to figure out metro and train schedules!

I am so excited...Au revoir mes petit amis!

3 comments:

  1. Jodie- You're an example to us all. Giving yourself this incredible gift of time and experience takes a budget of more than just time and money. It takes acknowledging that you're worth it! Would you post your itinerary? Do you have any time in Hotlanta? Do you have a converter so you can use your hair dryer?
    I never blogged before. You're way ahead technologically! I don't have my own URL. Do I have to put something in that field? ACCK!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - if she's going to be Candy - I'm Lola - for today anyway. I'm not ging to let you know who I am til you return :) I'm excited for you! This is a wonderful way to share your adventures of your trip abroad. Watch out when eating at some of the outdoor cafe's.....my daughter's friend had a hungry street fellow walk over and just grab a handful of mussels out of her dinner plate - and just walked off as he slurped them down. Perhaps another entree choice..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. No real itinerary yet, except we will be in Paris from the 18th through the 23rd and then Rome from the 24th through the 30th. We have tons of things on our list to see...just no set day to do them in yet.

    All of my electronics are dual voltage...so we just need an adapter, so we are set!

    I'll be on the look out for food snatchers Lola!!!

    ReplyDelete