Monday, September 28, 2009

Friday's recap....

On Friday, we went to the Coliseum. Phyllis didn’t want to go in, so I went in by myself. It was wonderful! I could just imagine the gladiators fighting. I then went to the Roman Forum…again Phyllis didn’t want to go, she just sat in a shady area outside the Coliseum and rested. I walked all over the Forum…over the bumpy cobblestones…only just barely falling on my face a few times! I just loved it. In my mind I could envision Caesar in his toga and the Vestal Virgins keeping the flame alit! It is amazing how they could build such huge structures in a day when there weren’t any cranes and OSHA! I just started up to the Palatine Hill when it was getting towards dusk, so I went back to meet up with Phyllis. I probably won’t get back to Palatine Hill…but what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment