Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Almost two days down...

And I'm going pretty good. I decided to cut out my glass or two of white wine in the evenings...after a tough day of work, its nice...but I think it was hindering my progress. When I'm "feeling mellow" I tend to eat things before thinking about it. I've walked the dog the past two mornings. I have to get up at 5 AM when I do, but I do feel better after I'm done. It's just darn hard to get up that early!!! Good thing I have my trusty iPod. I love that thing...and can't "live" without it. I'm addicted. I borrow books on CD from the library...so it's free entertainment. Sometimes I have to wait quite a while for something to come in, but it sure beats paying $25 bucks or more on a new set.

I've got a City Council meeting for my sorority (Beta Sigma Phi) tonight. I'm running for corresponding secretary...I should say, I'm the only one running...I must be crazy. Oh well, the worst part is getting the roster completed by the end of August...then I only have to deal with the blood bank duties each month. This years theme should be a fun one...I can't say what it is yet, because we aren't supposed to know until this coming Saturday...but I do!

I'm participating in a Slow Scrap...hosted by Scrap Orchard and Gotta Pixel. This is the third week's entry. This is only my second digital scrapbook page that I've ever worked on...so I'm pretty proud of it. I used for the most part Amanda Heimann's Lazy Daisy kit. This is my granddaughter Zoey on her first birthday. Isn't she a cutie...she'll be turning 6 already at the end of May. I can hardly believe it!


The colors in this kit are just perfect for her outfit. I love, love, love this kit. I like anything that Amanda makes...I like her "style". We've got one more week to go on the scrap...I'm anxious to see what they tell us to add this week. I'm sure some type of journaling and a title. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. You did an amzing job on your layout! Especially for being so new to this very addicting hobby. ;) I've never heard of a slow scrap, I'll have to check that out! I've done a speed scrap, and I get too streesed out. lol Too much of a perfectionist, I guess.
    I just found your blog thru sunshinestudioscraps.com. Looking thru here it looks like we hang out at a lot of the same sites :) hehe fun!
    Well, keep up the good work!
    Krista J.
    kc71595

    ReplyDelete